domingo, 3 de febrero de 2008

...The Dawn

..."We are the hollow men. We are the stuffed men, leaning together at peace filled with straw. Alas our dried voices when we whisper together are quiet and meaningless as wind in dry glass or a rat´s feet over broken glass in a dry cellar. Shape without form,shade without color. Paralysed force, gesture without motion"...
I´ve seen the horrors, horrors that you´ve seen. But you have no right to call me a murderer. You have a right to kill me. You have a right to do that. But you have no right to judge me.
It´s impossible for words to descrive what is necessary to those who do not know what horror means. Horror.....Horror has a face. And you must make a friend of horror. Horror and mortal terror are your friends. If they are not, then they are enemies to be feared. They are truly enemies.
I remember when I was with Special Forces. Seems a thousand centuries ago. We went into a camp to inoculate some children. We´d left the camp after we had inoculated the children for polio. And this old man came running after us, and he was crying. He couldn´t say. We went back there and they had come and hacked off every inoculated arm. There they were, in a pile, a pile of little arms. And I remember I..I....I cried. I wept like some grandmother. I wanted to tear my teeth out. I didn´t know what I wanted to do.. And I want to remember it. I never want to forget it. I never want to forget. And then I realized like I was shot, like I was shot with a diamond, a diamond bullet right through my forehead. And I thought, "My God, the genius of that. The genius!". The will to do that. Perfect, genuine, complete, crystalline, pure. And then I realized they were stronger thant me because they could stand it. These were not monsters. These were men trained cadres. These men who fought with their hearts who have families, who have children, who are filled with love, that they had the strength, the strength to do that.
If I have ten divisions of those men then our troubles here would be over very quickly. You have to have men who are moral and at the same time who are able to utilize their primordial instincts to kill without feeling, without passion, without judgment, without judgment....Because it´s judgment that defeats us.
I worry that my son might not understand what I´ve tried to be. And if I were to be killed, Willard, I would want someone to go to my home and tell my son everything. Everything I did. Everything you saw. Because there´s nothing that I detest more than `the stench of lies´... And if you understand me, Willard, you..you will do this for me.


una pequeñita traducción...

"Nosotros somos los hombres huecos. Nosotros somos los hombres de peluche, apoyándonos juntos en la paz cubierta de paja. ¡Ay! nuestras voces secas, cuando susurramos juntos somos tranquilos y sin sentido como en el viento seco de cristal o los pies de una rata sobre cristal roto en una bodega seca. Forma sin forma, sombra sin color. Fuerza paralizada, gesto sin movimiento..."
He visto los horrores, horrores que tú has visto. Pero no tienes derecho a llamarme asesino. Tienes derecho a matarme. Tienes el derecho de hacerlo. Pero no tienes derecho a juzgarme. Le es imposible a las palabras describir lo que es necesario para aquellos que no saben lo que significa el horror. El Horror el Horror..... Tiene cara. Y debes hacerte amigo del horror. El Horror y terror mortal son tus amigos. Si no lo son, entonces son enemigos a temer. Ellos sí son realmente enemigos.
Recuerdo cuando estaba con las Fuerzas Especiales. Parece que hace mil años. Fuimos a un campamento a vacunar a algunos niños. Abandonamos el campamento después de haber inoculado a los niños contra la polio. Y este viejo hombre llegó corriendo detrás de nosotros, él estaba llorando. Él no podía decir nada. Fuimos de nuevo allí y ellos habían llegado y cortado cada brazo inoculado. Allí estaban, en una pila, una pila de pequeños brazos. Yo. Yo me acuerdo. ... yo. Lloré. Lloré como alguna abuela. Quería sacarme los dientes. No sabía lo que quería hacer... Y quiero recordarlo. Nunca quiero olvidarlo. Nunca quiero olvidar.
Y entonces me di cuenta de que me habían disparado, como si me hubiesen disparado con un diamante, un diamante bala derecho a través de mi frente. Y pensé: "Mi Dios, el genio de esto. El genio!". La voluntad de hacerlo. Perfecto, genuino, completo, cristalino, puro. Y entonces me di cuenta de que eran más fuertes que yo porque podían soportarlo. No eran monstruos. Eran hombres capacitados. Estos hombres que lucharon con sus corazones, que tienen las familias, que tienen hijos, que están llenos de amor, que tienen la fuerza, la fuerza para hacer eso.

Si tuviese diez divisiones de esos hombres nuestros problemas aquí estarían acabados rápidamente. Tienes que tener hombres que tengan moral y al mismo tiempo que sean capaces de utilizar sus instintos primordiales para matar sin sentir, sin pasión, sin juicio, sin sentencia...Porque es el juicio el que nos derrota. Me preocupa que mi hijo no entienda lo que he intentado ser. Y si me asesinaran, Willard, querría que alguien fuese a mi casa y contara a mi hijo todo. Todo lo que hice. Todo lo que has visto. Porque no hay nada que deteste más que el "hedor de las mentiras"....Y si me comprendes, Willard, tú..tú harás esto por mí. -

2 comentarios:

Sophie dijo...

I write a little translation on your post, I hope you don´t mind...
:P

Sophie dijo...

You think I will not know it... The monologue of Marlon Brandon at Apocalypse Now.. at the End my Friend I find it out by my self...jejejj